Me and the wonderful world of Lego

Here is my first steps into Blogging... odd as I am quite old [that doesn't quite sound like I wanted it too!]
You might have seen me on Flickr though.

I love Lego and that's what I'll be blogging about, from great minifigs to awesome mocs via whatever else I find (o:

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Curly hair sculpture

I recently spotted some brilliant sculpting work by Tom Leech, which I blogged about. I was very impressed with his curly hair piece in particular because it is something that I have been wanting to do but haven't quite managed anything good enough (in my eyes). So, I asked him how he did it and he, very kindly, gave a little explanation. Well, he has been very busy making some for me for my River Song minifig and I want to share it with all of you guys (because it is excellent).

Here you can see the sculpting process and in the description of this picture on Flickr Tom explains the process in a little more detail.
Here you can see the finished, painted hair... nice (o:  I really like the effect Tom gets on his curly hair... especially as its something we really dont see Lego doing. I just want to say a huge thank you to Tom for taking the time to do this for me - you rock (o: Please check out his flickr photostream, he has some really nice minifigures over there (and he hasn't been into making custom minifigs for all that long! Here's to a bright future!)

No comments:

Post a Comment